- Graduated from University of Waterloo with Doctor of Optometry in 2012
- Has travelled to Cameroon, Africa to provide eye care to those who otherwise would not have received it
- Completed an Ocular Disease externship in Bethesda, Maryland where she was involved in the treatment and management of a variety of ocular diseases including glaucoma, cataracts, optic neuropathy, and corneal ulcers
- Member of the Ontario Association of Optometrists, Canadian Association of Optometrists, and College of Optometrists of Ontario
- Completed a Specialty Contact Lens training with Vistakon in Jacksonville, Florida in November 2011
Dr. Casthoory Viswanathan’s interest in the eye care profession was sparked by a personal need for prescription glasses at a young age. Having worn glasses since the age of 9, Dr. Viswanathan discovered early on the positive effects good vision had in enhancing one’s quality of life. She is passionate about helping others and enjoys building lasting relationships with her patients. Dr. Viswanathan is determined to provide quality eye care to all of her patients by keeping them informed of the latest technological advancements, nutritional supplements and lens options that may be beneficial to their eye care needs.